It’s Keen to be Green:
Recycling in Williamson & Maury Counties
One of the many things to learn about when you move to a new community is the local recycling options - especially since recycling management often varies from location to location. In Middle Tennessee, “convenience center” is the term used for recycling centers. There are several convenience centers located throughout Williamson and Maury Counties, and each center has its own rules and guidelines.
In Williamson County, you are allowed up to three cubic yards of waste per day. If you exceed this limit, you must bring any excess waste to the landfill, located at 5750 Pinewood Road in Franklin. Commercial waste is not allowed at any convenience center and must be taken to the landfill.
Convenience Center hours are 7 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, and 7 am to 6 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Provided below is a list of all convenience centers in Williamson County, along with any recycling rules or exceptions, specific to their location. Unless noted otherwise, all convenience centers allow the following materials:
• Residential waste: household garbage, brush, and construction and demolition waste.
• Residential recycling: metal, cans, aluminum, plastics #1 and #2 only (No plastic bags), glass, paper, cardboard, and used motor oil.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY CONVENIENCE CENTERS
Bethesda Convenience Center
• 4905 Bethesda Road, Thompson’s Station
College Grove Convenience Center
• 6520 Arno-College Grove Road, College Grove
Fairview Convenience Center
• 2714 Fairview Boulevard, Fairview
Grassland Convenience Center
• 1495 Sneed Road, Franklin
Hillsboro Convenience Center
• 5406 Pinewood Road, Franklin
Nolensville Convenience Center
• 1525 Owen Road, Brentwood
Southall Convenience Center
• 1140 Mile End Road, Franklin
Thompson’s Station Convenience Center
• 1515B Thompson’s Station Road West, Thompson’s Station
Trinity Convenience Center
• 3004 Wilson Pike, Franklin
Wilson Pike Recycle Drop-Off
• 1301 Wilson Pike, Brentwood
Only accepts residential recyclables: tin cans, aluminum; plastics #1 and #2 only, glass paper, and cardboard.
Landfill Convenience Center
• 5750 Pinewood Road, Franklin
Special residential waste accepted: automotive batteries, latex-based paint, antifreeze, and automotive tires (limit: six per household per day).
In Maury County, you are allowed only two cubic yards of waste per day, and commercial waste is not allowed. The hours of all nine Maury County convenience centers are 7:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Saturday.
MAURY COUNTY CONVENIENCE CENTERS
Bear Creek Collection Center
• 1984 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia
Carters Creek Collection Center
• 314 Carters Creek Pike, Columbia
Fountain Heights Collection Center
• 1406 Fountain Heights, Columbia
Neeley Hollow Collections Center
• 3105 Neeley Hollow Road, Columbia
Santa Fe Pike Collection Center
• 1419 Santa Fe Pike, Columbia
Tindell Collection Center
• 2481 Tindell Lane, Columbia
Mt. Pleasant Collection Center
• 450 Arrow Mines Road, Mt. Pleasant
Santa Fe Collection Center
• 5712 Fly Hollow Road, Santa Fe
Gravel Hill Collection Center
• 2100 Gravel Hill Road, Theta
Maury County Solid Waste also has a main office, located at 1233 Lawson White, Columbia and is open from 7 am to 3 pm on Monday through Friday. The main office offers disposal of e-waste (computers, TVs, etc.), paint, and tires, and may require fees. For more information, visit the Maury County Solid Waste website.